Microsoft Office 365 enables the users to sync their emails to the cloud, along with offering all the perks of Exchange server, and without all the annoyances and dangers linked with an on-premises server. It is a full-blown office productivity parcel, loaded with sophisticated tools and constantly updated. Apart from getting the most recent versions of the essential apps, users also receive 1TB storage space for OneDrive. This enables them to share data with other people, along with power over editing and extent of access.
With certain MS Office 365 editions, users can use SharePoint Online. This is beneficial for organizations as it will take the place of the old-school share drives. You can access your Office documents from any device at any time. You can install the mobile apps and use it on your phone. Office 365 offers a flawless experience on all platforms. For collaboration, it comes with Skype and MS Outlook. Skype is a VoIP software, and Outlook is the email management program. Every month, new updates are rolled out to fix bugs and patches. The Office 365 apps are incredibly simplistic and versatile. To get it, just navigate to office.com/setup.
Steps for downloading Office 365 setup
Microsoft Office 365 is available for purchase from the Microsoft web store as well as retail shops. After you buy the product, whichever tier or edition of Office 365 you selected, you will have to download the setup for it and then run it on the system. If you do not have any idea about how to download Office 365, then do not fret. Here is the process you must follow to download Office 365 on your system:
- After buying Office 365, you need to go to the webpage.
- If you purchased Office 365 from any physical store, then the download URL will be written in the package.
- If you purchased Office 365 subscription from office.com/setup, then you will receive the URL in the email.
- If you have not received any mail, then sign into your Microsoft Account.
- Click on Order status and find the download link.
- Go to the MS Office 365 download link: www.office.com/setup
- Now, hit the Install Office 365 button.
- In the Hi, Let’s get your Office screen, click on the orange Sign In button.
- Key in the username and password associated with the Microsoft account.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- In the Get Started page, click on the orange Install button.
- After this, click again on Install in the next screen.
- The Office 365 setup file will get downloaded.
Steps for installing Office 365 setup
When the setup file gets downloaded, the next step depends on the internet browsing software being used. Follow the steps given below:
- The best web browser for MS Office installation is Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the Install button and then click on Run.
- For other browsers, save the setup in a folder.
- Locate the Office 365 setup and click on it to launch the installation process.
- When the prompt appears on the screen, hit the Yes button to permit the installation.
- When you get prompted to close any open apps, hit the Yes button.
- When the installation process is over, close the window.
- If you get asked to install updates, click on Yes.
Steps for activating Microsoft Office 365
The activation key is a part of Office setup which tells Microsoft that the subscription is genuine. Users can find the product key along with the Office 365 suite package. If the product was purchased virtually, then the product key will be sent via email. Here are the steps for activating your Office 365 subscription:
- Open any installed Office program.
- Now, sign in to your MS account.
- Enter the login credentials.
- When prompted, key in the 25 characters alphanumeric product key.
- Click on Activate.