Siri lets you stay connected without raising a finger. Siri makes calls or sends texts even if you are driving, have your hands full or are on the go. It also provides proactive suggestions like texting someone that you are running late for a meeting. It is possible to stay in touch effortlessly. One of the most useful thing that Siri can do is to remember your relationship. You told her once who your wife is, she will remember it, and you can ask her to send her a message. Same is with your dad, mom, and other family members too.
How to teach Siri About your friends and family members?
The easiest way to teach Siri about the family relationship is to tell her. Touch and hold Home button till an iconic purple microphone appears. Then say, call my mom. Siri will now ask about the name of your mother. Speak the full name of the contact. Siri will again ask if you want me to remember that is your mother? Confirm if you want to save your Mom as a family friend.
How to set friends and family in Siri’s memory?
Another way is to just tell Siri about your relationship. For instance:
- Long press and hold on Home button until Siri appears.
- Tell Siri something like John Rawls is my colleague.
- Siri will then ask you to confirm the relationship.
- Repeat the same process with all your friends and family members. It is up to you if you want to add uncles, aunts, grandparents, children, etc.
How to add family members and friends to Siri manually?
- Just go to Settings.
- Select your name.
- Scroll down to the section that shows relationship names like Father, Mother, Brother, etc.
- Click the blue “i” icon next to a relationship assignment.
- Choose a name from your contacts.